Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic material, which are bonded to the front of your teeth. They are used to restore the natural look of teeth, while also providing strength and resilience comparable to your natural tooth enamel. They are extremely thin restorations, which allows the dentist to bond them to the frontal surface of the teeth easily and enhance their aesthetics. We use veneers to treat teeth that are cracked, chipped, misshapen, worn out, excessively spaced, or severely discolored.
Dr. Engle is a native Arlington resident with over 30 years of experience in the dentistry field. He is experienced in providing cosmetic procedures like veneers and gives his patients the best care possible in a comfortable environment.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Function?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that are applied directly to the front surfaces of the teeth. They are a suitable choice for improving your smile and tooth strength and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. Patients who have oral concerns such as chipped, cracked, or severely discolored teeth would be suitable candidates for veneers. Once placed on the teeth and bonded firmly using dental adhesives, they cover any surface imperfection and also provide the tooth with additional structural strength.
What are the Advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers provide various advantages, which make them the go-to choice to treat a wide range of cosmetic dental concerns. Some of the prominent ones are:
- They are highly customizable, which keeps them discreet and indistinguishable from the adjoining natural teeth.
- They are simple restorations. The procedure to fabricate them and bond them to the teeth can be completed in no more than two visits to our dental practice. With CEREC, the procedure can be done in a single visit.
- They are extremely durable and last for several years, provided you do not have any unhealthy oral habits that could damage them.
- Since dental-grade ceramic is highly resistant to staining, the veneers will look as good as new for many years.
- The dentist does not have to remove a large amount of natural enamel from your tooth during the preparation phase. This allows you to retain a large part of your natural teeth.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for My Teeth?
Porcelain veneers are an excellent option for correcting a wide variety of cosmetic flaws, including stains, discoloration, chips, cracks, and uneven spacing. However, it's imperative that you have healthy teeth and gums. If you have any untreated cavities, gum disease, or periodontal disease, these will need to be addressed first. Also, suitable aftercare is important to ensure their longevity.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Arlington Family Dental Care, call (817) 274-8439 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit Dentist in Arlington TX at 2621 Matlock Road, Suite 103, Arlington, TX 76015.